Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Easter Wheeling


Tonight I sat down to design some Easter cards for my parents to send off to their families. I had just gotten the Egg Hunt wheel and Jumbo Grommets from the new Occasions Mini catalog and knew I had to use them for their cards. I think they turned out quite well. I whipped up a total of 16 of them The card base is made of So Saffron card stock. The eggs are wheeled with Certainly Celery ink on Whisper White cardstock. The Certainly Celery ribbon and Designer Series Paper (mounted on the inside of the card) are from Sale-A-Bration. The Jumbo Grommet is Winter White. Finally, the bottom edge is punched with the border punch. To get everythinging cut, stamped and assembled only took a total of about 2.5 hours from start to finish. To be honest, the grommets were the most time consuming piece to this project since I chose to push the backs through not only the two layers of cardstock but also the ribbon. I think the beautiful result certainly made up for the little extra work.

No comments: