Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Vintage Versamark Resist


Another swap I'm taking with me to the Stampin' Up! Leadership conference is this fun Vintage Vogue card featuring a new stamp set of the same name from the Occasions Mini Catalog.  I'll be honest, this set really didn't do it for me when I first saw it.  I've never been all that into the old world vintage looking style.  I really couldn't quite picture exactly what I'd do with it.  Once I started playing, however, I fell in love!

The background of this card was made using a technique called Versamark Resist.  This is a fun and easy way to create your own custom backgrounds to match any of your projects.  I love this technique for scrapbooking, too!

To create a project using the Versamark Resist technique, you need Versamark Ink, a paper with a glossy finish, a brayer, and ink.  For my paper, I simply used Stampin' Up!'s Whisper White. It works really well with this technique.  Our glossy paper is great for this also but does require additional dry time.


Stamp your image all over your paper using the Versamark Ink.  I tried to get a good photo of the Versamark on the paper and if you click on the photo, you should be able to see it.


Ink up your brayer using Stampin' Up! Classic Ink in whatever color you want your background to be.  Roll over your piece several times in multiple directions to get an even coat of ink on your cardstock.  Depending on the paper you've used, you may need to let it dry for a while before you try to move it to avoid finger prints.  When I use the Stampin' Up! glossy paper for this technique, I like to let it sit for a good 2-3 minutes before I try doing anything else with it.  Dry time will also depend on how much ink you put on the image.

Once your piece is dry, use your beautifully stamped background image to create your card, scrapbook, or other work of paper art.  This can be a very addicting  technique!  Go ahead...try it! :)

No comments: