Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm Cracked!!

I've been playing with cracked glass again. Oh my! I just love how each piece turns out so differently depending on where the veins of each crack run. I'm not going to reinvent the wheel. There is an excellent tutorial on Split Coast Stampers that explains the process of how to create cracked glass. The hands on experience, however, gives you a much better understanding of this cool technique! I think I may just have a class coming up!


I've been on a Basic Black/Real Red kick lately. So I used that combination to show this quick and easy Cracked Glass card. Each of the flowers was stamped in Basic Black on Whisper White cardstock and punched with my 1-3/8" circle punch. The middle flower was highlighted in the middle of each blossom with a touch from my Real Red Marvelous Marker. Each piece was then embossed with three layers of Glassy Glaze and cracked to perfection!



While I was cracking things, I wanted to get in another project with one of my absolute favorite stamp sets, The Free and the Brave. I'm very sad to see it retire this year but I know that it is being replaced with an equally beautiful Patrioitic set that I'm so excited to get! For this fairly simple card, I colored the stamp using Chocolate Chip, Real Red, and Brilliant Blue Marvelous Markers. After I stamped on some Whisper White cardstock, I colored in the body of the eagle with Creamy Caramel and the beak with Almost Apricot. Then, it was off to emboss and crack. I really like the way he turned out. The card was finished off by stamping the stars on the base of the card with Versamark and adding the sentiment, colored with Chocolate Chip and Brilliant Blue Marvelous Markers.

4 comments:

Sandi MacIver said...

what a great technique and very striking against the black and red.

Holly said...

Beautiful cards! Love the eagle card - proud and elegant!

Kirsten said...

Two great cards. I too will be sad to see the free and the brave go, the eagle is so striking!

Girl can Knit - Cherry Lane Knit Stamp Quilt said...

I hate it when sets I like retire..It is a set that I wanted to get but now..it makes it very difficult to demo...