Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

It's a...

WREATH!! This cool wreath was made with Jackpot Designer Series paper and embellished with some 10mm dice beads. I was inspired by my bunco group to make this wreath. It's my first "official" decoration in my new craft room! You can click on the image for a larger view.

Congratulations to DawnMay, Teri, Beth Redding, Ellen Kemper, and Chrissiesz for guessing the project correctly. And a super special congratulations to Ellen Kemper!! Your name was selected to win a 6x6 DSP pack!! Please email me with your mailing address and I'll get your prize out to you!!

I will post a tutorial for making this wreath in the next day or two. The quick basic instructions are as follows:
10" Styrofoam wreath
6 full sheets DSP, cut into 1" x4" strips
sticky strip
Create loops of DSP holding them closed with sticky strip. Use sticky strip to glue each loop to the wreath. Work in rows going around the wreath. I didn't cover the whole back so it would lay against the wall nicer.
This took about 4 hours to complete. I'm going to do another one with the Autumn Spendor DSP and die cut leaves. I'll post as soon as it's complte. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Sandi MacIver said...

love how the wreath turned out what an awesome idea.

Elizabeth said...

WOW! What a fantastic project! I can't wait to see your Autumn one!

TFS!