Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Scrapping Transition


Let's talk scrapping.  I'm a habitually unfinished scrapper.  I can't begin to tell you how many scrapbooks I have.  I can absolutely tell you how many complete books I have...3!!  It's sad.  Sometimes I just get overwhelmed trying to plan a big ol book in one sitting.  I've scrapped in 6x6, 8x8, 8-1/2x11, 12x12 and all sorts of random sizes in between.  I haven't decided exactly what size is my favorite yet so until I do, I am going to take the liberty of scrapping in whatever size I so choose.

I really do like 6x6 pages for the simple fact that they're easy to fill up. The picture on the top left is me and lil sis the day of her baby shower.  I really wanted to capture that photo for us and this seemed like a nice, logical layout.  (I'll include the page recipes at the end of my post.)  6x6 books are great for new scrappers.  One photo and you've finished a page!  It's not overly daunting and the layouts can be pretty simple.

What if you happen to love the 8-1/2x11 scrapbook layouts.  You'll see my rendition in the middle photo.  I took that original 6x6 layout, added some journaling and Designer Series Paper, and created a quick 8-1/2x11 page out of my original 6x6.  All of a sudden, I'm on my way to a full sized book!

Ultimately, however, I really do prefer to scrap on 12x12 pages.  But let's get honest girls, do you really "see" the 12x12 layout every time or do you "build" it as you go?  The last photo is my official 12x12 transition page.  Here, I took my newly enlarged 8-1/2x11 layout and added it to my 12x12 page with some border photos and journaling blocks.  (Yes, I realize there is nothing in the journaling section of the Modern Label Punches.  Remember how I said I rarely "finish" a scrapbook!)  We call this Transitional Scrapbooking.  Pretty cool, huh?

The next time you think you can't create those big 12x12 layouts, start smaller!  Work on your 6x6 layouts and work your way up to something a little bigger, then a little bigger, then...when you're ready...12x12.  Or you just might like a smaller size. I think you should try it and find out for yourself!!

Page Recipe:
6x6 - Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive and Bashful Blue Cardstock, Old Olive Satin Ribbon, Fast Flowers Wheel, Versamark, Flower Designer Brads, Vanilla Smooch Shimmer Spray
8-1/2x11 - Add Chocolate Chip Designer Patterns Paper, journaling block, and additional matching cardstock
12x12 - Add Modern Label Punch and additional matching cardstock

No comments: