Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Life is a matter of butterflies

I love the Beautiful Butterflies Big Shot die.  Of course, I generally love all things butterfly!  I decided to make a new card design for the cards that I pass out to new stamping friends when we meet in different places.  Inspired partly by one of the projects I worked on in Salt Lake City, I grabbed the Elements of Style stamp set and the Very Vintage wheel and got busy.

This card is based with Pretty In Pink and wheeled with matching ink.  The butterfly is stamped with the large flower from Elements of Style in Chocolate Chip ink.  The edges were sponged with Chocolate Chip and the centers of the flowers were lightly colored with Pretty In Pink and a sponge dauber.  Gold Smooch spritz finished off the inking for the butterfly.  Don't those flowers just go perfectly on the wings?  I LOVE this concept and have a sneaking suspision that this won't be the last set of cards I make with that butterfly :)

The satin ribbon is kind of a given for me.  It is absolutely my FAVORITE ribbon we carry.  This card uses Chocolate Chip ribbon, available to purchase only through the end of the Summer Mini Catalog.  Chocolate Chip ribbon didn't make it into the new catalog so be sure to get yours while you can!  The new adhesive pearls are definitely on the top of my list as favorite accessories!  I think these four pearls make a beautiful center for our fluttering friend.  On some of the other cards I made, I use the rhinestones.  Also stunning but this is definitely my favorite.

This will be one of the cards featured in this month's Korner Kards Klass!!  This is a fun class that you won't want to miss!  Be sure to check out my class listings for more details!!

No comments: