Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

Polished Stone Butterflies

Splitcoaststampers has a great tutorial on the Polished Stone technique.  I really enjoy using it when I'm creating with punches and dies as I have in this card.

This was a fun card to make.  I used the Polished Stone techique on a whole sheet of glossy white cardstock.  On half of it, I used Rich Razzelberry, Mambo Melon, Bermuda Bay and Silver. On the other half, I took out the Bermuda Bay.  I cut out butterflies from the Bermuda Bay half and some Rich Razzelberry scraps using the new Butterfly Sizzlet in the Occasions mini.  I used the butterfly Bigz die to cut the larg butterfly mat from the other half of my glossy cardstock.  I think the butterflies turned out great!

For the decorative base of the card, I used Confetti White (one of my FAVES!) cardstock sprayed with some shimmer mist made of Frost White Shimmer Paint.  The swirl from Baroque Motifs was stamped with Silver Encore Ink.  Half back pearls from the Pretties Kit were used to embellish the butterflies and the Scallop Corner punch adorns the corners.

This was a fun card to make.  If you haven't tried the Polished Stone technique, grab your supplies and let the creative juices flow!

No comments: