Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Be a square

Who ever said all great cards had to be stamped?  It certainly wasn't me...although admitedly, I'd be a sad girl if I didn't have my stamps!  I definitely take for granted the beautiful papers I have hanging out in my stash.  Stampin' Up! has given us such wonderful Designer Series Paper and I certinly don't use it as much as I should. 

The Occasions Mini Catalog has a wonderful 48 sheet 12x12 paper stack called Sweet Pea.  It has all my favorite colors and wonderful designs.  I'm having a hard time using it because I'm afraid I'll run out!  No More Hoarding Your Supplies, Kelli!!!  So as I take some baby steps to use everything I've got, I grab my 1-1/4" square punch and start punching.  I fall in love.  I'm already in love with our new Satin Ribbon (although I've run through a whole roll of Chocolate Chip and am anxiously awaiting more!)  I think these little guys look like a piece of patchwork quilt or maybe a window inside a crazy lady's imagination :)

These are quick, easy and fun cards to make.  I'm thinking a set of these cards will find their way into a raffle basket I'm donating to my son's Boy Scout troop.  I may just whip up a few dozen of these cards and keep them around for when I need to send a quick card to a special friend.  Oh, and you might just see something like this as a Kelli's Korner Klass in the very near future!

No comments: