Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Aged Newsprint Meets Eleanor Roosevelt

I have really enjoyed working with the new Newsprint Designer Series Paper. I wasn't sure if I'd like it.  That generally isn't really my "style".  I was wrong.  I LOVE it!  I've made a pact with myself that I'm not going to hoard supplies this year.  So, I'm using this awesome new DSP at my Bunco event on Sunday to create make-n-takes for 20 people.  I hope they love this paper just as much as I do because it has really been a mental challenge for me to cut that much paper and not have a whole pack as a backup for myself :-) For this particular card, I also incorporated the stamp set Favorite Thoughts from the Summer Mini Catalog.  I like all the quotes in that stamp set.  It is very woman empowering and inspiring.  This particular tea bag quote is for sure my favorite.  I just love strong tea :-)

I've really enjoyed agining the Newsprint Designer Series Paper. It's easy to do and I think it gives the paper a cool look.  The edges of the DSP on this card have been inked with More Mustard ink to give them an aged, almost tea stained look.  To continue to emphasize the aged theme, I crumpled the corner of the DSP and ripped the Basic Black layer immediately underneath it.  Don't be afraid to crumple your paper!  It's really quite simple.  Start by accordian folding your corner then "squish it" between your fingers -- "squish it" is a very technical paper crafting term that you should absolutely put into your descriptive vocabulary!  I added a little snail underneat the "squish" just to hold the corner in place.  I love the depth that this technique gives to the card.  It adds a lot and really uses only the paper you were planning to craft with in the first place.

The finished product holds a tea bag on the front of the card.  I hope you take some time to "squish" your paper, age some Newsprint and enjoy a great cup of tea with a good friend!

Card Recipe
Stamps - Favorite Thoughts
Cardstock - Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Basic Black
Designer Series Paper - Newsprint
Ink - Basic Black, More Mustard
Accessories - Big Shot, Bigz Scalloped Envelope Die, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch, Gold Brad, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Stampin Sponge, Stampin Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, SNAIL Adhesive

1 comment:

Pat said...

Kelli this is a great idea!!TFS