Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Korner Challenge - Bee Happy

As I sit here ready to create this post, I'm a little sad.  My youngest son started middle school this week and all of a sudden...I'm not needed for the "bedtime ritual".  Yes, I know he's getting older but there's something about being able to tuck him in that always made ME feel a little better.  It's hard to let them grow up when you still want to do the Mom things.  I might just have to sneak in after he's gone to sleep and make sure he's all comfy cozy anyway.  I am the mom and it will make me sleep a whole lot better!  But don't tell him that...please!

Up until this week, I've been participating in a sketch group.  I've been so pleased with the praticipation I've had from so many of my wonderful customers and downline!!  You guys have really been making some awesome cards. I love getting the emails and seeing the live samples of your creations.  It's been so inspiring that I've decided to bring you my very own Korner Challenge! It might be a sketch, it might be a color combination, heck, it might even be a fun 3-D project.  Rest assured, it will be a fun way for you to challenge yourself to use all of the wonderful Stampin' Up! products that we've come to love!  I plan to have them posted for Fridays but if you don't see it til Friday afternoon, don't shoot me!  I'm only human, afterall :-)  Email me a photo or keep bringing your creations to your classes and workshops.  Oh, and don't forget about the August challenge special!!

Given the developments of tonight, this card seems to be very appropriate. I just need to Bee Happy!! Daffodil Delight is definitely a happy color and the stamps in Every Little Bit are just too cute! Where did "happy" come from? Another new stamp set in the 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog, Fabulous Phrases. This great stamp set contains 30 individual words that you can put together to make, well, fabulous phrase!  What I really loved about playing with this card design was that I was able to use my awesome clear mount stamps to line up the bee and "happy" on the same block.  It made stamping ten of these little guys so easy.  It's just one more reason for me to LOVE the new clear mount option in our stamps!

So go forth and conquer this simple sketch.  Design your own background, add a little bit of what makes you happy, and make someone's day with a piece hand-made love!

No comments: