Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Why I LOVE to Share What I Love

Anyone who knows anything about me at all knows how crazy in love I am with my new nephew.  He's a dream!  It's still hard for me to fathom the fact that I can love a child who isn't "mine" as much as I love this little man.  He came to visit me on Thursday so my sister could finish off her birth announcements.  It was so wonderful to just hold him and love him, and I even got him to crack a little smile.  I've always been astounded by how much little babies grow and change in such a short period of time. It feels like only yesterday that my babies were this size and now, I have one driving.  UGH!  Time flies by way too fast!

When I first joined Stampin' Up! as a demonstrator, my little sister wanted nothing to do with my "hobby".  She's not crafty and has no time to be...so she said.  She's not getting involved with anything I'm selling and especially not stamps. That's just "weird" and she's not interested!  It just so happened that she had some plans fall through on a Friday night and I had a last minute cancellation for a class.  "Come on over, sis!  I won't even charge you for the class." (The things you do for family!)  It was a great class for her to get her feet wet.  We made 60 cards out of a Simply Scrappin' kit.  Not a whole lot of stamping, just quick and easy card making.  Would you know, she had fun!  She had a whole slew of cards that she could now just pull out when she needed a birthday or get well card.  Amazing, isn't it?  She was just pleased as punch with herself.  She was sending them for everything under the sun.  Then I received one of those cards last October.  The inside read, "You're going to be an aunt!"

Today, my not crafty, not coming, not playing, NO WAY little sister is a member of one of my Korner Klubs, attends regular classes, and is the very proud creator of ALL of her birth announcements.  I'm so proud to see the beautiful announcements she was able to make all by herself!  **Note here...my watermark says "Created by Kelli Waters".  It should say "Created by Kelli Waters' Talented Little Sister"**  It's quite a big undertaking with all the cutting of the layers, sizing of the photos, and the stamping.  I love the way they turned out.  I really think she did a great job and the cards are phenominal!  No preprinted designs from a print house for my nephew...now way!  Her little guy's announcements are hand made with love! 

Share what you love!  That's what it's all about.  Afterall, you never know when sharing what you love with someone else may just turn into that same someone sharing what they love with you.

No comments: