Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Korner Challenge - Color Fun

Hello, Friday!!  It's a wonderful day here in Downers Grove.  The sun is shining, the birds are chirping (starting VERY early), and there is a crisp morning breeze.  It's going to be a beautiful day!!

Start your Friday off right by joining me in the Korner Challenge!!  Today we have a color adventure!  Working with Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Always Artichoke, and River Rock, I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page or fun 3-D item.  If you play along, be sure to share a photo with me!

Today I made a new holiday card with this fun color combination.  One of the things my customers have told me time and time again is that they want to see more samples of cards that use just one stamp set to make a background as well as the primary image.  Fair enough!  I love those kinds of cards, too!  I think Snow Swirled is a great set to do just that.  The card background was stamped with one of the three snowflakes included in this set.  The sentiment is part of this great set as well. With the tree and a holiday verse, this stamp set will make a wonderful addition to your holiday collection!


I love to use ribbon on my cards.  I think it goes a long way in adding a touch of class, elegance, or just a little bit of something extra to make your card go from ok to fabulous!  I used three different layers of ribbon on this card today.  The first layer is our Early Espresso Satin Ribbon.  Next, is the 3/8" Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon.  Finally, the top layer is our beautiful Chantilly Crochet Trim  It really draws out the accent colors in the card.  As another fun accent, I added our adhesive pearls to the stars on the tree.  These are such simple and pretty accents to any card.

I hope you'll play along with today's Korner Challenge.  Have fun, be creative, and stamp the day away!!

Card Recipe
Card Stock - River Rock, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Classic Ink - River Rock, Early Espresso
Stampin Write Markers - Always Artichoke, Daffodil Delight
Accessories - 5/8" Early Espresso Satin Ribbon, 3/8" Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon, 1/2" Chantilly Crochet Trim, Adhesive Pearls, SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin Dimensionals


2 comments:

Teri C said...

Simply beautiful! I love the color combo. What a unique Christmas card!

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

I have had the stamp set you used for quite some time now. I love the colors you used for the tree. It is beautiful! In fact, this is the most beautiful card I have seen using snow swirled. Thanks for sharing. You have inspired me to use mine again.