Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

One Layer Monochromatic Kind and Caring Thoughts

Kind & Caring Thoughts is quickly becoming one of my favorite hostess sets in the 2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog. To become the proud owner of this beautiful set, simply host a workshop with order totals of $500 or more.

The Late Night Stampers weekly challenge is to make a monochromatic card. I also happen to be in a swap that requires just one layer. I thought I would combine the two to create this thinking of you card.

Can you tell from my working sheet that I made quite a few of these babies :) I'm also proud to say my fingers are appropriately inky, too!

Both the card stock and ink used is Bermuda Bay. This is a side opening card so the base started out as 4-1/4" x 11". The edge is punched with the Scalloped Edge punch. The opening was done with the Scalloped Oval punch. All edges were sponged with some Bermuda Bay ink.

Using my hand dandy, always useful Stamp-A-Majig, I lined up Thinking Of You on the inside of the card to match with the opening of the Scalloped Oval. Adding a little ...and it's all good, we have a quick and easy card!

Remember, you can click on any picture on my blog to get a larger view. I hope this inspires you to do a little one layer monochromatic stamping of your own!!

No comments: